When you go out of town, you want to make sure your four-legged friend receives excellent care at the same level they’d receive at home from you. At Godbey Creek Canine Rescue, we recommend looking for these attributes in the boarding facility that you choose for your pet:
1. Caring staff—Above all, the staff members at the boarding facility you choose should be compassionate and caring, and have a love for dogs. Our staff members are passionate about caring for animals, and your pet will receive one-on-one time with one of our staff members each day.
2. Vaccination requirements—For the safety of your pet, the boarding facility should maintain vaccination requirements for each dog. All dogs that stay with us must be current on rabies, distemper, and Bordetella vaccinations, and these records must be provided before booking.
3. Room and time to run—All dogs need time to run and play! Weather permitting, pets that stay with us spend time in our beautiful outdoor pastures daily.
4. Cozy accommodations—When your pet is indoors, they should be comfortable. Our bright, spotless kennel area will make your pet feel right at home!
5. A reliable feeding schedule—Just like at home, your pet should be fed on a schedule when they’re at a boarding facility. We’ll make sure your pet is fed the right amount at the right time when they stay with us.
6. Proper licensure—The boarding facility you choose should be properly licensed and insured to operate. We are licensed by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and maintain an excellent standard of care for all pets.
7. Emergency procedures—How will the boarding facility handle a situation in which your pet falls ill or needs emergency help? We have several procedures in place that we follow when a dog needs additional care.
8. Openness to communication—It’s natural to want to know how your pet is doing while you’re away! Feel free to contact us at any time during your pet’s stay, and we’ll let you know how they’re doing.