Our Adoption Process
- View available dogs for adoption on our website.
- Complete an application for the dog you are interested in. The form is filled out on line and when you click on “submit”, we will receive it electronically, and you will receive a copy in your email. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
- Please ensure you follow up with your veterinarian (current or for past pets) to authorize them to release information to Godbey Creek Canine Rescue as requested in the adoption form. If the veterinarian refuses to share information with us, we are unable to process the application.
- Wait to hear back from us (typically within a week) regarding next steps. If your application is approved, we will contact you to schedule a visit with the pets you are interested in.
- Complete the adoption paperwork and allow GCCR time for follow up calls to references and veterinarians.
- Make necessary arrangements at home to prepare for the arrival of your new loving companion!
- All pre-adoption applications are subject to approval by an adoption coordinator.
- Adopters must be at least 18 years old.
- Entire families may be required to visit, including resident dogs.
- 24-hour holds may be placed on an adult animal in-person with a non-refundable deposit.
- All dogs must leave with a collar and leash.
- We will microchip and register all adopted dogs prior to departure, with Godbey Creek Canine Rescue as the backup contact.
At Godbey Creek Canine Rescue, we serve residents of Mocksville, Advance, Clemmons, Mooresville, Statesville, and Winston-Salem, North Carolina and can answer any questions you have about our adoption process.