1. View dogs available for adoption***.
2. Fill out an adoption application once you’ve identified a pet you’re interested in meeting. You can download and fill-out our application at home and bring it with you.
3. Give your completed application to an Adoption Coordinator at the facility.
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. Speak with an Adoption Coordinator who will help you identify your match.
5. Visit with your four-legged match(es).
6. Complete the adoption paperwork and allow GCCR time for follow up calls to
references and veterinarians.
7. Make necessary arrangements at home to prepare for delivery of your new
*** We recommend you visit with us in person. We cannot guarantee that specific
animals listed on our website will still be available by the time you visit. We are
unable to hold animals by phone, fax or email.
NOTE: All pre-adoption applications are subject to approval by an Adoption
Coordinator. Adopters must be at least 18 years of age. Entire families may be
required to visit, including resident dog. 24 hour holds may be placed on an
adult animal in-person with a non-refundable deposit. All dogs must leave with a
collar and leash.
Adopt a Dog